Community Sponsorship & Charity Giving
Rydges Tradewinds Cairns is committed to supporting local community groups and charities through multiple fundraising initiatives and sponsorships.
Rydges Tradewinds Carins is proud to sponsor the following sporting teams and groups:
- Cubs Baseball teams
- Rydges Eagles AFL team
- Taipans Basketball
- FNQ Rugby
- AFL Cairns
- Pennisula Schools Sport
- Australia Indigenous Invitational Men's Basketball Team
We also sponsor the following community groups:
Further each year we raise funds for our offical Corporate Charity Partnership with Children's Hospitals Foundation Australia through multiple fundraising initiatives including:
- Mega Raffle in June 2014 raising $4,033
- Spooky Trivia Night in October 2014 raising $2,696
- Sausage Sizzle in January 2015 raising $810.40
Since July 2011 AHL has donated $1,072,000 to this fantastic charity which has helped fund a range of medical equipment for the five partner children's hospitals around Australia.
As well as these great charities and community groups Rydges Tradewinds Cairns staff are given the opportunity to donate weekly to a charity of their choice through our Workplace Giving Scheme - Stretch! This financial year AHL have raised $102,228 for these deserving charities and community groups!
Other fundraising initiatives:
- RSPCA Cupcake Day raised $290.10 to help fight animal cruelty
- Movember raised $710.40 for men's health