My Wedding by the beach check List
Our hotel aims to make planning Port Macquarie weddings easy with a checklist
Rydges Port Macquarie is an ideal choice for a destination wedding. After deciding on a Port Macquarie wedding venue, our planners will assist with every detail at the hotel. Here are some of their recommendations to make your Port Macquarie wedding a success.
On announcement of engagement and setting the date
- Book wedding reception with Rydges Port Macquarie and pay $500 deposit to secure date.
- Contact minister, priest, rabbi, registrar or marriage celebrant and discuss preferred date and style of ceremony.
- Discuss the format and budget of your Port Macquarie wedding reception.
- Draft a guest list.
- Choose your bridesmaids, best man, groomsmen and ushers.
- Decide where to spend your honeymoon and make bookings well in advance.
- For overseas travellers, check passports, visas and inoculations.
- Book hire cars.
- Book photographer and video.
- Book musical entertainment.
- Decide style of wedding dress, bridesmaids’ dresses and grooms attire and start looking. Decide the options of hire/buy and/or dressmaker.
Three to six months prior
- Choose the wedding rings.
- Choose a cake decorator, style and type of cake.
- Discuss floral arrangements for your reception and church, bouquets for bride and bridesmaids, buttonholes for groomsmen.
- Decide on shoes and any other accessories.
- Organise stationary requirements – invitations, place cards, cake bags, etc.
- Choose your master of ceremonies.
- Confirm ceremony details, hymns, singers and music for the church.
- Meet with our Port Macquarie wedding planner and start organising your reception.
- Ensure you have received a checklist from your wedding coordinator
Two months prior
- Finalise guest list and write invitations and envelopes.
- Purchase gifts for bridesmaids, best man and groomsmen.
- Reconfirm honeymoon arrangements and double check passports, visas and travel insurance.
- Collect and engrave wedding rings.
- Choose music for reception, cutting of cake and bridal waltz.
- Confirm menus and timings with reception venue.
- Mail out invitations.
Six weeks prior
- Discuss hairstyle with your hairdresser and try the style, then make an appointment for your Port Macquarie wedding day.
- Check that your fiancé has himself, his groomsmen and ushers organised for the wedding day.
- Final fitting for bridal party.
- Hand draft copy of wedding checklist back to wedding coordinator.
Two to Three weeks prior
- Confirm all acceptances and inabilities as they arrive.
- Confirm all transport arrangements.
- Reconfirm all details for the Port Macquarie wedding and reception.
One week prior
- Arrange rehearsal of ceremony with all attendants of the wedding party.
- Collect the wedding attire.
- Confirm cake delivery arrangements.
- Confirm with Rydges Port Macquarie final numbers for reception.
- Complete a guest list, arrange place cards and table seating and give to Rydges Port Macquarie.
- Final check on photographer, video and musical entertainment.
Wedding Coordinator Port Macquarie
Amanda Perrin Sumner
For all your wedding enquiries and a personal site inspection, please contact our Event Sales
Team. We look forward to assisting you plan your dream day! Call us on (02) 6589 2816 or email us below