Based in Bankstown, Taste offers cultural food tours in a number of Sydney suburbs. All tours are led by local guides, who share their secrets on the best places to eat and shop for authentic dishes and ingredients.
It really is a gastronomic adventure… as an example, here are the tours on offer for February and March 2014:
- Arabic Adventure – Greenacre Mini Walking Tour
- Global Adventure – Fairfield Walking Tour
- Treats of Tripoli – Guildford Walking Tour
- Bangladesh, Beirut and Beyond – Lakemba Walking Tour
- Shanghai to Saigon – Bankstown Walking Tour
- South American Food Trail – Fairfield Walking Tour
- East Asian Odyssey – Campsie Walking Tour
- Indian Adventure – Harris Park Walking Tour
- World Explorer – Bankstown Walking Tour
- Food Flavour Fusion Pop Up Restaurant – Smithfield
- Continental Cravings – Belmore Mini Walking Tour
- Food, Faith and Feast – Bonnyrigg Walking Tour
Every tour starts with a caffeine kick and includes tastings in-store, lunch, recipes and a sample bag filled to bursting with goodies is collected along the way. As they say – this is not your typical food tour… “We use food to break down stereotypes and build community pride. Every ticket sold supports a local community.”
As well as walking tours there are cooking classes and progressive dinner parties.
There are only two reviews on Trip Advisor but both are 5-star ‘Excellent’.
16 Jacobs St Bankstown, Ph (02) 9707 0800, Email: email@example.com
And, of course, for all your accommodation needs, Rydges Bankstown will make you welcome!