THE RYDGES POST
28 year old Peter Gene Hernandez is having a very good year… especially as his alter ego, talented musician, Bruno Mars. Bruno picked up a Grammy award for Best Pop Vocal Album (Unorthodox Juke Box) and will be heading down under shortly…
… Come to think of it, Bruno hasn’t had too many ‘bad’ years. His career is only a few years young and he has already sold 10 million albums and 58 million singles worldwide. In 2011 he was the world’s biggest selling digital artist and made Time magazine’s list of 100 most influential people in the world. He plays guitar, he has a three octave range voice, he writes, he produces and he has a quirky sense of humour.
Here are the tour dates and venues:
- February 28 – Perth Arena
- March 2 – Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- March 4 – Rod Laver Arena Melbourne
- March 5 - Rod Laver Arena Melbourne
- March 7 – Brisbane Entertainment Centre
- March 8 – Sydney Entertainment Centre
- March 10 – Allphones Arena Sydney
- March 11 - Allphones Arena Sydney
- March 15 – Vector Arena Auckland
- March 16 - Vector Arena Auckland
If you are travelling to the concerts and are looking for handy accommodation, Rydges is there, handy to all venues – Rydges Perth, Rydges Adelaide, Rydges CBD and Rydges on Swanston in Melbourne, Rydges South Bank Brisbane, Rydges World Square and Capitol Square Hotel by Rydges for the Sydney Entertainment Centre concert and for the Allphones Arena Sydney concerts there’s Rydges Parramatta, Rydges Bankstown as well as Rydges Sydney Airport for anyone flying in… and, Rydges Auckland is handy for the NZ gigs.
Here’s the official video for Locked Out Of Heaven off the Unorthodox Jukebox album: