THE RYDGES POST
Tickets for the Dolly Parton Tour in February go on sale this Friday, November 1.
There’s no doubting that Dolly is one of the world’s best entertainers and you can’t help thinking that she would be one of the world’s nicest people. When the Queen of country was last in Australia her shows ran close to two and a half hours. Expect the classics like ‘Joelene’ and ‘9 to 5’ as well as famous covers and tracks from her forthcoming 42nd studio album, Blue Smoke.
Dolly says she can’t wait to return and it is probably best you read this with a southern American accent… “Australia, here I come again. We have a lot of new and exciting things for the show and can’t wait to share it with you. I love my fans in that part of the world. You’ve been so very good to me for so many years and I know that we’re gonna have a wonderful time. It’s a long way from home in your part of the world, but I always feel like I’m right at home. So Australia, I’m coming home. Wait up!”
Dolly Parton Tour Dates:
- Tuesday, February 11 – Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne
- Saturday, February 15 – Hope Estate Winery, Hunter Valley
- Tuesday, February 18 – Entertainment Centre, Sydney
- Friday, February 21 – Entertainment Centre, Brisbane
- Tuesday, February 25 – Entertainment Centre, Adelaide
- Thursday, February 27 – Perth Arena, Perth