THE RYDGES POST
The Seekers resume their Golden Jubilee Tour of Australia in November. The scheduled tour earlier this year had to be cancelled following Judith Durham’s sudden illness.
Judith was admitted to hospital after the first Melbourne show on May 14 and diagnosed with a cerebral hemorrhage. After three months of rehabilitation (during which she celebrated her 70th birthday!) Judith was given the green light by her doctors to rejoin Athol, Keith and Bruce to complete the tour, which celebrates their 50th year.
The first ten shows, performed in April/May this year, were totally sold out and received outstanding reviews.
Judith said, “I’m thrilled that my doctors have given me the green light to return to the stage. I’m so much looking forward to joining the boys again on tour, and singing for you all.”
Any tickets purchased for the earlier shows are valid for the rescheduled date and do not need to be exchanged. Simply present your existing ticket(s) at the relevant venue on the new date.
Here are those dates:
- Perth – Saturday November 2 and Sunday November 3 – Riverside Theatre
- Melbourne – Thursday November 7, Friday November 8 and Thursday November 28 – Hamer Hall
- Adelaide – Monday November 11 and Tuesday November 12 - AEC Theatre
- Sydney – Friday November 15 and Saturday November 16 - State Theatre
- Hobart – Saturday November 23 – Derwent Entertainment Centre
- Brisbane – December 4 – Convention Centre
Judith, Athol, Keith and Bruce put Australia on the international pop music map with hit after hit – I’ll Never Find Another You, A World of Our Own, The Carnival is Over, Morningtown Ride and Georgy Girl to name just some of them.
This show takes fans down memory lane with stories, video clips, messages of congratulations and, of course, the music. For the first time in concert The Seekers will perform The Beatles’ hit, In My Life and the classic Silver Threads and Golden Needles, which they have just recorded for the Golden Jubilee Album, 50 Tracks for 50 Years.