Versailles - Treasures from the Palace Package
From AU$339 per room per night | Members from AU$305 per room per night
The National Gallery of Australia has announced its next summer blockbuster, Treasures from Versailles, an exclusive exhibition that’s being developed in partnership with the French Government and the Palace of Versailles.
More than 7 million people make the journey to the Palace of Versailles every year to experience a phenomenon central to French history. The Louis XIV’s architectural masterpiece, the centre of his court of absolute rule and the embodiment of luxury. The luxurious interiors and gardens were often the backdrop to enchanting and extravagant celebrations including masked balls, theatre, opera, concerts, sumptuous feasts and fireworks.
Some of the breathtaking art collection will be travelling to Canberra and will be on display at the National Gallery of Australia.
Here’s what you will receive:
- Overnight accommodation in a Superior Room
- Two course French inspired Table d’Hote menu including a glass of French white or red wine
- Full buffet breakfast for two adults
- Entry for two adults to Versailles – Treasures from the Palace at the National Gallery of Australia
- Complimentary overnight secure car parking
- Complimentary WiFi
Booking period: 22 July, 2016 to 16 April, 2017
For stays between: 9 December, 2016 to 17 April, 2017
The National Gallery of Australia is located a short 10 minute walk from the hotel past Canberra’s landmarks.